Savvy Money Mentor Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data.
Jean Flower is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
My email address is email@example.com.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at Enquiries@savvymoneymentor.co.uk
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where I need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at Enquiries@savvymoneymentor.co.uk.
Purposes for processing your personal data
Your personal data maybe used for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground I am relying on to process your personal data.
Grounds currently used;
- To register you as a new customer so as to execute a contract of service with you. Name and Contact details
- To process and deliver your order, manage payments, fees and charges, collect or recover money owed.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have:
- requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me.
- if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for me to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
I will get your express opt-in consent before I share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing me at email@example.com
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I may have to share your personal data with 3rd parties as detailed below ;
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
All third parties to whom I transfer your data will respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I will only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with notified instructions.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: see below for further information.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, you may charged a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
Updated 01 May 2018